MGP is a currency that can get you some pretty cool stuff in Final Fantasy XIV. As it goes with most things, however, the coolest prizes are also very expensive. Let’s talk about ways to earn and farm MGP.
Little to No Effort Ways of Earning MGP
So you want to steadily earn MGP without doing anything even mildly complicated. We’ve got you covered! Here are the top 3 easiest ways to ensure your MGP balance steadily increases.
- Who & Where – Jumbo Cactpot Broker in the Gold Saucer located at X:8.5, Y:5.9.
- What – The game’s version of a lottery. Purchase up to 3 tickets per week for 100, 150, and 200 MGP each. Choose your own 4 numbers or click the die to get random ones.
- When – Drawings are every Saturday. The time is dependent on your data center. (The broker will tell you the time and date of the next drawing.)
- Why – Even if you don’t win big here, you’ll still get more MGP out of these transactions than you spent due to the participant bonus. So make sure you’re entering every week!
TIP: Don’t slack when it comes to redeeming your prizes as you only have one week to claim them. Plus, you get an early bird bonus for showing up within an hour of the drawing!
- Who & Where – Masked Rose in the Gold Saucer located at X:7.5, Y:7.4. (If you have not yet unlocked the fashion report, you’ll need to talk to Lewena in the Gold Saucer at X:4.8, Y:6.1 first and complete the Passion for Fashion quest.)
- What – A fashion contest. Present yourself to Masked Rose for judgment on your attire. Based on the weekly criteria, you’ll get a score and an MGP payout. You can try to figure out the items needed based on Masked Rose’s hints or you can simply enter yourself with whatever you’re already wearing.
- When – Hints for the report are dropped every Tuesday at 12AM PST. Judging begins every Friday at 12AM PST and lasts until the next theme is chosen (the following Tuesday).
- Why – Even if you don’t have any of the correct items for the report, you’ll still get 10,000 MGP just for participating, so there’s no reason not to participate every week. If however, you do get a score of 80 or higher you get an extra 50,000 MGP!
TIP: If you want to go for the maximum reward, do a quick online search for the weekly fashion report and the date. There are plenty of lovely folks out there who figure it out for the rest of us every week and post it online.
- Who & Where – Mini Cactpot Broker in the Gold Saucer located at X:5.1, Y:6.5.
- What – The game’s version of scratcher tickets. Purchase up to 3 tickets per day for 10 MGP each. One number slot will already be revealed. You’ll then choose 3 more to uncover. Next you’ll choose a line and depending on the sum you can earn up to 10,000 MGP.
- When – Daily.
- Why – You always get more than you paid to participate, so make sure you get your 3 mini cactpot tickets every day!
Earn MGP Through Battle
Wish you could fight your way to more MGP? You can!
- Who & Where – Khloe in Idyllshire located at X:5.8, Y:6.1. (If you haven’t unlocked Wondrous Tails yet, you’ll need to speak to the Unctuous Adventurer located at X:7, Y:5.9 in Idyllshire and complete the Keeping up with the Aliapohs quest.)
- What – Ask Khloe for a new journal. It’s a bingo card of sorts that you fill up by completing the battles indicated. Completion stickers are placed randomly, but you can shuffle them or re-do instances for a new sticker with second chance points. Second chance points are earned by completing duties with players that are new to said duties and you can gain up to 9 of these points. When you’ve gotten at least one line of stickers, Khloe will give you a reward and you can choose an MGP card.
- When – A new journal is available every Tuesday at 1:00AM PST. You have two weeks to turn one in however. You can always double check when your deadline is by opening up your journal.
- Why – If you like re-doing trials, dungeons and other battle instances, why not do them for some MGP?
TIP: If you’re trying for 3 lines to get the maximum reward, you’ll want to shuffle your stickers when you have 7 of them. (You can’t shuffle after that point.) Shuffle until the placement of stickers would allow for 3 lines. I shuffle them until they form a right triangle so the possibility is there for 3 lines or 2. This backfires at times, but if it works out you’ll make out with a ton of MGP! Also, if you have a high-level character, doing the instances unsynched will make filling out your journal a breeze.
Other Ways to Farm for MGP
Let’s talk about other ways players farm for MGP.
Weekly Challenge Logs
- Who & Where – I’tolwann in the Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks located at X:11.5, Y:10.9 has the Rising to the Challenge quest that will unlock the Challenge Log.
- What – The Challenge Log has a ton of things you can do to earn EXP, gil and of course MGP. Click on the Gold Saucer category to see the tasks that will get you MGP. There are quite a few and some are more effort than others, so pick and choose what you have the time and patience for. You can earn up to 70,000 MGP per week for doing all of the tasks.
- When – Weekly.
- Why – 70,000 MGP is up for grabs if you can power through all of the tasks. Even doing a few of these is worth it. Hitting up three mini games at the Gold Saucer is extremely easy and gets you 1,000 MGP for example. Just trying new things out can get you MGP via the log as well – Playing Lord of Verminion once gets you 5,000 MGP!
- Who & Where – Various GATE clients inside the Gold Saucer.
- What – Mini games and jump puzzles galore. GATEs are announced within the Gold Saucer. You’ll need to go where they mentioned or speak with a GATE Keeper who will transport you to where the GATE Client will be at the appropriate time. You’ll need to speak with the GATE Client to participate. These can be particularly fun if joined with friends.
- When – 3 times per hour (On the hour, 20 mins past, 40 mins past).
- Why – The MGP reward varies depending on the GATE (between 3,000 to 7,500 MGP), but none of them are insubstantial especially since they are free to join. Additionally, GATEs are a part of the challenge log so you can get some extra MGP from that. To top it off, they’re pretty fun, so round up a few of your friends and join them together to see who does the best!
- Who & Where – Triple Triad Master located at X:4.1, Y:7.4 in the Gold Saucer. (Complete the Triple Triad Trial quest to recieve 5 cards to start out with.)
- What – A mini card game that Final Fantasy fans should be familiar with. There are NPCs around that you can challenge with Triple Triad and you can also challenge real players in designated locations.
- When – Whenever you want.
- Why – Triple Triad isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, however there is quite a bit of MGP to be gained if you’re approaching it from the Challenge Log angle.
Make it Rain
Every year Final Fantasy XIV has a Gold Saucer event called Make it Rain in which you can earn more MGP. This year you’ll earn 50% more MGP throughout the event, so make sure you take advantage of that while it lasts!
Now that you know how to earn and farm MGP, you’ll be flying around in a Sabotender Emperador mount in no time!